Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Morning

Happy Monday to everyone! I had a pretty good weekend.

Friday night we made it to our season opener to South Shelby for high school football. We scored first but ended up losing 27-6 to a much bigger, better team. I was pretty proud of the way our boys performed and saw some good things. Next game is our home opener this Friday against Carrollton. They are going to be pretty tough to beat also!

Saturday I spent the day hanging laundry on the line and Jasper got to take a trip to the petting zoo with big brother Colton. Jimmie, Destiny and I then went to Winston to the I-35 Speedway to take in some dirt track racing. It had been a long time since we had been there and it was great to see people we hadn't seen for a while. Bonus was to see Brad win in the stock class. He is a good friend of hubby's and has had a lot of medical problems and thought he would never race again. It was good to see him out there and doing so well. Hubby seems to think he might catch the bug to climb back in a car again, but I did my best to squelch those dreams!

Sunday was quiet, filled with more laundry, grocery shopping, watching Food Network and then to League bowling. Carol had pre-bowled and Julie didn't feel well so I represented the team by myself. I bowled an 86 and a 113, so not too bad since my average is 95. We watched the season finale of Drop Dead Diva last night. It is going to kill me to wait until next season to find out what happened to Grayson!!

1 comment: